I have lost my faith in humanity. Granted, I didn't have much after most of the current events of this year, but I was holding on tightly to what I had.
Yesterday, I was leaving work and I was alarmed by what I saw in the parking lot. I normally park in a way that I walk to my door from the front, but yesterday, I did something different. As I was walking passed the back of my car, I noticed the back drivers side area near the wheel and trunk were smashed. Was I in a car accident? Nope. Did some idiot hit my car and not leave a note? Yes.
The not telling part was alarming to me. Who hits a brand new car and just leaves? Aside from that, I was disappointed in myself. Why you ask? This happened last week apparently. All of my coworkers had already seen it, but I hadn't. I am not made at them at all. Not one bit. How is anyone to know that I am constantly so self absorbed and hyper focused on me that I don't notice my poor Lafayette is in pain. I know this may be an extreme leap, but it is true. I would say about 60% of the time I have a balanced view of how things impact everyone. The other 40% is solely on me, my survival, my success, and my happiness. This has ruined relationships, potential relationships, friendships, and so much more.
I know this is a lot to take away from some jerk hitting my car, but you know what, maybe we are all at fault sometimes. They were definitely at fault on this, but maybe I am wrong more than I know.